THE MISSION OF THE AUSTRALIAN SONGWRITERS ASSOCIATION IS TO ASSIST AND ENCOURAGE DEVELOPING AUSTRALIAN SONGWRITERS, PROMOTE AUSTRALIAN SONGS AND CELEBRATE THE ART OF SONGWRITING.
Join the ASA by clicking on the blue Become A Member button on the right hand side of this page.
Our services include:
- Information and assistance relevant to songwriters.
- Direct email delivery and online access to “The Australian Songwriter”, an informative magazine for Members which can also be used for promotion and networking by those who submit articles.
- Live performance opportunities, with audience feedback, at Wax Lyricals events across the nation.
- Larger performance and showcase opportunities for members, and possible inclusion in the Wax Lyrical television series.
- Being part of our email and postal mailing lists for songwriting news and information.
- Discounted entry to the annual Australian Songwriting Contest, the longest running competition for songwriters in Australia, with highly respected results that carry prestige in the industry.
- Eligibility to be selected for the (member only) Rudy Brandsma Award in the Australian Songwriting Contest, giving an opportunty to win the gorgeous Maton Guitar that is the prize each year.
- Discount price for ASA activities, merchandise and events including the National Songwriting Awards.
- Opportunity to participation in music industry forums.
- Representation at music industry events.
- Access to National Radio Broadcast on the CBAA Satellite Network, at the times when ASA is acting as sponsor
- Access to employment and training experiences (in some States)
- Discount for all-year-round Song Feedback (Evaluation) Service
- Inclusion in the ASA Member Services Directory, with links to your own website available.
- Discount entry into available Songwriting Courses and educational workshops
- Music industry networking opportunities
This magazine makes an enjoyable, informative read, and keeps members updated on various ASA Performance Opportunities, CD Reviews, Australian and International Song Contests, Industry Seminars/Forum Reviews etc. The publication also contains general information relating to Songwriting and Songwriters, and ASA members are often profiled or reviewed.
The Australian Songwriting Contest gives songwriters the opportunity to have their material exposed to the industry as well as to the public, in many different ways. Not only do successul contestants recieve great publicity through print, radio, televison and internet media, they also reap benefits in a live forum at the National Songwriting Awards.
The ASA attends Music industry forums and seminars, to represent our members. We obtain important and relevant information to relay to ASA Songwriters, and are always seeking funding and appropriate networks to assist and unite our members with the community and the music industry in general.
Being a member of the ASA brings you into contact with other songwriters, either on the internet or at live events in a supportive atmosphere. It creates opportunities for collaboration and networking. It also provides members with an avenue to come into contact with top songwriters and industry professionals, to assist their own growth and inspiration.
A nationwide network of Wax Lyricals gigs, where we work in with other songwriting bodies, special industry Showcases and well deserved Gala performances at our prestigious National Songwriting Awards, offer many levels for our members to hone and present their work in the live environment.
Song Feedback Service:
Songwriters and Lyricists can now send in recordings of their work to the National Office of the ASA, and recieve feedback from respected Music Industry professionals. This service is available all-year-round, though it can be done at the same time as entering the Australian Songwriting Contest. The price is $33 per song for members or $44 for non-members (or a single fee of $22 for Lyrics only).
Songs requiring feedback can be posted to the National Office at :
ASAI National Office
Locked Bag 18 / 178
Newtown NSW 2042
or can be viewed via a Sonicbids EPK.
ASA Membership Application
You can now complete your membership application online.
Membership must be in the name of an individual person. Membership is availavble to Australian citizens and permanent Australian residents.
Annual General Meeting
Members are invited to the AGM which will be held on Sun 3 Nov 2013 in Sydney. Nominations for the Board will be accepted until Sun 6 October. Please contact email@example.com for application forms and further details of the time and date of the AGM.